So what do you do when it seems like you’ve done all you can do, and yet nothing appears to be changing? The relationship is still in turmoil. The sickness hasn’t gone away. There still isn’t enough money at the end of the month to make ends meet. The person I love is still addicted…the child I love has turned away from God…I’ve been thrown into the middle of a crisis…
- Don’t give up! Jesus said in Luke 18:1 that men ought to pray and never give up! The emphasis being on NEVER! With God it is never too late! Decide in your heart that you won’t give up or give in regardless of what the circumstances appear to be.
- This is critical. You must invite the Holy Spirit onto the scene! Ask Him to help you with whatever it is you are going through. The Bible says that He was specifically sent here to lead us and guide us, (John 16:13 and 14:26). The Bible calls Him the Comforter, Helper, Counselor, Spirit of Wisdom and Might, The Spirit of Truth, The Spirit of Understanding and Fear of the Lord. Therefore, ask Him to help you with whatever it is you are facing. Ask Him to counsel you and give you the wisdom and understanding you need every step of the way. We were not made to walk through crisis in our own power. Instead God wants us to “cast all our cares upon Him,” (1 Peter 5:7). He wants to empower us to overcome whatever it is that we or someone we love is facing, (Acts 1:8).
- Surround yourself with like- minded people. When you are facing a life or death situation it’s vital that you surround yourself people who think and believe like you! In Mark chapter 5, we see this principle at work when Jesus went to pray for the daughter of Jairus. Before entering into the girls’ room, He kicked everyone else out except the girl’s parents, Peter, James and John. If you read about this, you will find out that there were people there who were scorning, mocking and laughing at Jesus. Those are the people He kicked out! There is enough trouble without having the additional burden of dream killers, doubters and frienemies whispering doubt and unbelief into your ears!
- Believe in the love of God! God is love, (1 John 4:16). At His core being, He is love. Everything He does comes through the prism of love. He loves you infinitely more than you can think or imagine. He knows everything about you, including what you are going through! Nothing catches Him by surprise. Believe in His love for you. He cares about what you care about. It matters to Him.
- Finally the Bible tells us in Ephesians 6:13-14, that having done all to stand, stand! Stand on the Word of God! Stand on the love of God. Believe in the goodness of God! He will perfect that which concerns you, (Psalm 138:8).